Resume Writing Workshop for K12 Leadership Students
Monday, March 20, 2017
5 - 6 p.m.
LeChase Hall, Room 481
A polished, professional and flawless resume will open doors for K12 leadership students. A branded resume, one that tells a coherent story about you as an educator, opens more doors. Add the element of a targeted resume that addresses the challenges and needs of your audience and prospective employers, and you have the ingredients for an effective tool to get you interviews with the schools/employers that best match your “ideal” position.
Led by Harriette Royer in Career Services, this workshop for leadership students could encompass the following:
DEVELOPING YOUR PROFESSIONAL EDUCATOR RESUME
- Purpose and use of resumes in the job search
- Basic structure for a professional resume
- Resume formats you might consider
- How to apply your research to tailor your resume for your target role
- Accomplishments - the building blocks of your Experience section
- Branding your resume to tell your unique and compelling story
- Sample resume examples
- Warner resources
- Next steps